src="http://archive.wedgiehaven.com/jscripts/general.js?ver=1807"> // -->

ANIMES!!!
There are few anime I actively dislike, personally I enjoyed SAO, but I can understand where they are coming from in disliking it. Just to be perfectly clear.
Stumbling through the adventures of life with a smile.

Smile
Well I finally got around to watching DBZ battle of gods. It was kinda weird. Some of the plot elements just didnt really make much sense but meh. Also some of the humor/what they did to vegeta was cringeworthy but the movie did legitimately make me laugh and overall I liked it.

To anyone defending the animation choices, fuck off. Some of the animation was inexcusable, I don't care if you want to say that they used different models because of distance / whatever and that other anime do the same thing. In this case it was super noticeable and detracted from the overall product. It wasn't " because that's how things are done in animation" it was lazy and looked bad. You use a crappy model when your characters are way far away or when there is a lot of stuff going on in the foreground, not when there are only 4 characters in the shot but you only care about the two of the talking ones in front.

Anyway aside from that, I'm pretty happy with how it all went down. The fight scenes were really good and when I was watching it I though " Yes, THAT is what a dbz fight should look like." I liked their style choices in that regard.

Also minor nitpick but it's been established (and was a major plot point) that none of the good guys can live in space yet it looked like there was a whole fight in space, or at least the upper atmosphere xp
[Image: large.gif]
(Saturday, May 7th, 2016, 15:01)Taciturnity Wrote: To anyone defending the animation choices, fuck off. Some of the animation was inexcusable, I don't care if you want to say that they used different models because of distance / whatever and that other anime do the same thing. In this case it was super noticeable and detracted from the overall product. It wasn't " because that's how things are done in animation" it was lazy and looked bad. You use a crappy model when your characters are way far away or when there is a lot of stuff going on in the foreground, not when there are only 4 characters in the shot but you only care about the two of the talking ones in front.

As you already pointed out, alot of anime already does that. Not to mention, you want to put more effort into the thing the audience will be focusing on not only because it looks nicer but also because it makes the focal point stand out more. Like it or not, anime gets rushed, and often times products are finished mere hours before they're put out to the public. This is why TV anime since the dawn of time has always been touched up more in DVD releases.

Quote:Also minor nitpick but it's been established (and was a major plot point) that none of the good guys can live in space yet it looked like there was a whole fight in space, or at least the upper atmosphere xp

Saiyans seem to be the exception, as if you remember, Bardock fought Frieza in the upper atmosphere just fine.
yeah but they made a whole thing in the frieza saga about how frieza could survive if namek was destroyed but goku couldnt cause he'd die in space. (granted movies usually arent in the main continuity but im assuming this one was since they use it to set up the new series)

Also I have no problem with making things out of focus look crappy since no one usually notices and when it's actual background who really cares. ( like they did it once or twice when it was a zoomed out shot and it was generally ok.) But these things werent that out of focus and it was super noticeable. I'm gonna give them the benefit of the doubt and say they must have been rushed
(Saturday, May 7th, 2016, 17:20)Taciturnity Wrote: yeah but they made a whole thing in the frieza saga about how frieza could survive if namek was destroyed but goku couldnt cause he'd die in space. (granted movies usually arent in the main continuity but im assuming this one was since they use it to set up the new series)

True, but not only was that in deep space, but an exploding planet kinda does alot of people in before that. It's iffy, though, yeah. Also, both this film and Resurrection F are indeed in the main continuity, and do a much better job telling their stories than their adaptations in Super, IMO.
i hear its bad in super. I mean as much as im bitching about the movie, I liked it. It's interesting to see an old series come into a new animation style. granted I guess they did a little of that with DBZ kai but i didnt care about it
I wouldn't say it's bad in Super, personally, just that the movies do a better job at it. Super does add a few things that I like, but it also makes some changes I felt were unnecessary. Super starts getting alot better once it starts doing its own thing though.
Hi, I like some of the animemes