src="http://archive.wedgiehaven.com/jscripts/general.js?ver=1807"> // -->

Separate Gender Sections
How do y'all feel about male and female only sections? As a girl, I'd like to see and read more about girls, just like some guys prefer the same. And for anyone who wants to bring up trans, I would consider the gender that they are after surgery to be their true gender, since neurologically they were always that gender.
car7cer likes this post
Many transgender individuals choose not to get surgery.  Not super relevant to this topic, but I just think it's important to be aware of.

More to the point, I actually like the new format better.  As someone who enjoys wedgies of various genders, I like being able to go to one place for all my content rather than having to check two different sections.  The prefixes make it clear which threads have which content, so you don't have to worry about sifting through anything.  They do a much better job of defining the content easily for me.
Check out my superhero wedgie fic, High Velocity!  Featuring characters designed by ZenithIllustrations and art drawn by Zenith and HotGum.
I think the prefixes are rather nice, since they make it relatively easy to see what kind of content you're going to be getting when you're just scrolling through the various threads

And, just as an observation, it seems that if the threads are split by gender that kind of leaves the transgendered forum members somewhere in between. Because, in all honesty, everyone has their own opinion about how transgender should be classified in the categories of male and female sections if they where made.
I would prefer split myself because we're just going to end up with a shit ton of pages and posts that could be lessened by dividing them up. Trans-wise, I agree, post where you feel is most appropriate for what you identify.
If separate sections become a thing that the community wants then just divide them between sex, remove gender from the discussion.

It honestly isn't something this site needs currently. Probably in a year or so once there's a lot of content to sift through then it would be handy. If there was a divide now then the female sections would only have 3-4 posts.
(Thursday, March 31st, 2016, 14:04)Vinnie Wrote: If separate sections become a thing that the community wants then just divide them between sex, remove gender from the discussion.

It honestly isn't something this site needs currently. Probably in a year or so once there's a lot of content to sift through then it would be handy. If there was a divide now then the female sections would only have 3-4 posts.

Right, and wouldnt having a seperate section make is much easier for us to find female posts in a thick concentration of male posts
If you scroll down the the bottom of each section, there's an option to filter by prefix.
Back at it again with the smart thinking!
I would like to point out that as someone who once posted a story on the old site that had both male and female receivers, posting to both sections was a bit of a nuisance. On the flip side, only having one prefix available may lead to mislabelling in a scenario like that, which may deter some potential readers from a story they might enjoy.
Stumbling through the adventures of life with a smile.

Smile